INVITATION TO JOIN WEBINAR 2 THIS FRIDAY 21st APRIL 11am – 1pm IN A SERIES OF 3 WEBINARS ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF CREDENTIALS
Provided by Sally Gosling (HEE Subject Matter Expert Credentials) and Katrina Maclaine (AAPE UK Committee Member and Academic Consultant to HEE Implementation of Credentials)
Health Education England’s Centre for Advancing Practice is actively working to promote the delivery of Centre-endorsed credential specifications. The Centre’s approach is continuing to build on stakeholder engagement activity in 2022 that involved higher education institutions (including via AAPE UK). A key focus within this is on supporting the integration of credentials’ delivery within HEIs’ existing advanced practice education provision. To build on this, a series of three webinars is being provided by the Centre and hosted by AAPE UK. The series is designed to provide AAPE members with the opportunities to do the following:
- Receive and discuss updates on the Centre’s approach to credentials and credential implementation.
- Consider potential ways of integrating Centre-endorsed credential specifications within advanced practice education provision.
- Engage in open discussion on enablers and barriers to credential delivery, including to inform the ongoing development of the Centre’s approach.
Webinar 1 was held on Friday 3rd March to provide an initial overview of the intended approach and explore how HEIs can integrate credential delivery within their advanced practice MSc programmes and/or provide a credential as a stand-alone entity specifically for practitioners who have either already gained their MSc or successfully completed the Centre’s ePortfolio (supported) route. The session included time for questions and discussion and identified suggestions for the focus of Webinar 2. A briefing paper on this topic and the slide deck from webinar 1 are attached for your information. You can also view a presentation with background information on this subject in the first half of the following recording. If this generates any questions please bring these up at the webinars: (21) Advanced Practice series: Credential Implementation & Programme Accreditation/Re-Accreditation – YouTube
Webinar 2 will be on Friday 21st April 11am – 1pm. Please join us using this link Click here to join the meeting
- The session will start with consideration of hypothetical scenarios to illustrate how an HEI might provide one or more credentials. The intention is for these to be a catalyst for discussion with attendees.
- The second part will focus on gaining feedback on draft materials that are being developed to support HEI update of credential delivery. Three draft documents are attached for you to review before the webinar and to feed your comments into the webinar discussion. They are as follows:
- Draft standards for approving HEIs’ delivery plans
- A draft template for supporting teams’ planning re. credential delivery.
- An outline for planned guidance on building a business case for credential delivery.
Please note the draft status of these documents. They are being shared for comment, ahead of the webinar. They are not yet ready to be used formally. They should therefore not be shared beyond your teams.
Webinar 3 will be held on Friday 5th May 11am – 1pm. The agenda for this session will be determined by key topics arising during webinar 2 that warrant further attention. The meeting link will be sent out following Webinar 2.